Application for a Habitat Home
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Arizona is always eager to hear from future Habitat homeowners. Fill out the short form below and we will follow up with you as soon as possible. This form provides us with a basic understanding of your household and how to get in touch with you. We recommend you read through this checklist to better understand the expectations we have for our partner households.
Homeowner Qualification Criteria
Our Habitat homeowners must demonstrate need for a Habitat Home, be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity, and be able to pay their zero-interest home loan. Habitat for Humanity of Northern Arizona does not provide homes for free. Instead, Habitat for Humanity builds homes with donations and sells them just like a bank, but with zero-percent interest mortgages. These payments make it possible for Habitat for Humanity to build more homes and further enrich our community.
As part of our home buying process, applicants must provide a variety of documents. These include, but are not limited to:
- An applicant MUST demonstrate a need for a Habitat Home. Need is demonstrated if the applicant lacks housing OR if the applicant currently lives in a residence that is unsafe, unsanitary, overcrowded, or inaccessible to physically challenged family members OR if the applicant's present rent and utilities (excluding phone) is more than 30% of gross family income;
- The applicant cannot qualify for a mortgage from a conventional lending institute;
- Proof of social security, such as a social security card;
- A copy of a valid photo ID;
- Signed tax returns with W2s for the previous two (2) years;
- The four (4) most recent pay stubs;
- A copy of the applicant's birth certificate;
- Marriage certificate or divorce decree if applicable; and
- Rental payment record or copy of your lease.